Cheers to 2012!
As we celebrate a promising new year, I can’t help but remember Claire Morgan’s Ball Drop speech from the movie New Year’s Eve:
“It’s suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the New Year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by.
To remember both our triumphs and our missteps – our promises made, and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures – or closed ourselves down, for fear of getting hurt.
Because that’s what New Year’s is all about: GETTING ANOTHER CHANCE. A chance TO FORGIVE, TO DO BETTER, TO DO MORE, TO GIVE MORE, TO LOVE MORE.
And stop worrying about ‘what if’ and start embracing what would be. So when that ball drops at midnight – and it will drop – let’s remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other.
And not just tonight but all year long.”
Couldn’t have said it better! Cheers to another year of forgiving, doing better, doing more, giving more and loving more!♥
Happy Happy New Year to all! :)
- New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Goes Even Higher-Tech [COMIC] (mashable.com)
- New Year’s Eve 2012: Where to Watch Times Square Ball Drop (ibtimes.com)
- New Year’s Resolution (thefozstyle.blogspot.com)
- Happy New Year! (flairsandflares.wordpress.com)
- Resolutions (superficialgirls.com)
- Happy New Year! Hats off to 2012! (splashofsomething.com)